Saturday, August 16, 2008

Movie time! Dont Burn the Popcorn, Jerk!



This is absolutely fantastic! My sister, found it for me.

All for me Grog was this cool folk song by the Dubliners, made even cooler by the Leperkhanz. The best part is the band spells their name like its some sort of Star Trek character with a skin disease. They sound pretty good too.

The video is ridiculously perfect for this blog. What else do i have to say? watch it yourself. If you can get past the ugly girl with braces (not to say that all girls with braces are ugly, sometimes girls with braces can be cute) and her awful acting skills, you'll be in for gnothing but gnome gnovelty gnonsense of the greatest kind. Apparently, stop animation and garden gnomes don't mix very well. They are so difficult to direct, always coming to the set stone drunk.

My favorite part is the Fosters Beer plug. Fosters! Australian for Beer! or actually really awful beer. Its the Aussie version of Coors. I would actually rank Fosters between Budweiser and PBR, just a little ahead of Coors. For all of you who are not habitual buyers or consumers of alcoholic beverages, this means that its cheap, tastes awful and gives you a headache tomorrow.

What is a Noggin' Shirt, or Noggin Shoes? and why would someone trade these miserable articles of clothing for beer and cigars? Granted, it is Fosters Beer, but still, I could go to the Salvation Army and pick up better looking clothes. Someone is not a responsible drinker, or a responsible trader, or even a responsible speaker of English. It could be worse, he could be "aksing" me about his noggin' shirt. At least then I'd know he was probably from an urban neighborhood with a poor educational system, and therefore I wouldnt mind his poor language skills. Either that or he was a lumberjack.
If that were true, he could Ax me anything he wanted. Lumberjacks are almost as cool as gnomes; poor grammar and pronunciation aren't even close.

No comments: